Prachi is the Managing Partner at Dhaval Vussonji & Associates. She regularly advises banks, funds, real estate conglomerates on vanilla loans, mezzanine funding, structured finance and debt securities. Her deep understanding of how the banking and financial services sector operates in India, and how money lending laws tie in with prevalent regional market practices, is sought after by leading financial institutions and borrowers alike. Prachi has also been involved in advising various capital market transactions such as initial public offerings, buy back issues, FCCB issues and open offer for takeovers. She has led the way in paving the practice area of insolvency resolution including being involved in the insolvency resolution for Binani Cements, Bharati Shipyards and others.
- B.L.S LL.B, Bombay University
- Advocate, Bar Council of Maharashtra
- Solicitor, High Court, Bombay
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Mergers and acquisition
- Private equity and restructuring
- Advised Bharati Shipyards Ltd., a public listed company from time to time for all their matters including drafting and negotiating of shipbuilding contracts, restructuring of the contracts in case of default, advising on the extant foreign exchange laws, takeover of other listed companies like Great Offshore Limited and Tebma Shipyards limited.
Finally representing the promoter directors of Bharati Shipyards Ltd. in the insolvency proceedings.
- Assisting and advising Shapoorji Pallonji in their title diligence of 900 Acres of land near Pune and issuing title report extending into several hundred pages with detailed tracing of title of each gat number forming part of the said 900 Acres. Advised the lender’s in the best manner to secure the property for the repayment of the dues bearing in mind the unique issues pertaining to agricultural land, floating FSI, land holding and aggregation issues, etc.
- Advised Shapoorji Pallonji on their power projects in Africa, this included EPC Contracts, Power Purchase Agreements and similar documentation work.